- Supply Chain & Procurement
Are you interested in working in business development with focus on sourcing and purchasing? Would you like to be part of a global pharmaceutical company and get the opportunity to build a life-changing career in an international business environment?
At Novo Nordisk, we share a passion for changing patients’ lives, and we are always looking for talented individuals who want to join us in this effort. Our internships provide exciting learning opportunities for Master's degree students who bring new ways of thinking to our company. In Corporate Procurement, a key area within Finance and Investor Relations, we are now looking for talented interns to join our exciting programme. Novo Nordisk is one of the most successful pharmaceutical companies in the world.
About the department
At Novo Nordisk, Corporate Procurement manages a total external spend of DKK 30 billion with more than 50,000 suppliers globally.
Procurement supports the Novo Nordisk organisation by working and communicating effectively with our stakeholders and optimising global processes. This includes aligning and prioritising key business activities achieving the highest possible value, while taking quality, risks, savings, environmental and social aspects into consideration.
You will work in business development focused on sourcing and purchasing. You will work on identifying business development opportunities for consumer related spend and on improving our processes. Tasks will provide experience in project management, quantitative and qualitative data analytics as well as collaboration with suppliers and other functions in Novo Nordisk. You are expected to take responsibility for your tasks with strong support and sparring from dedicated project managers and leaders. You will be allocated to one of Corporate Procurement’s sourcing, purchasing or project teams working in the areas of Research and Development, Production, Marketing, Travel, Business Support and Business Development.
The internship is a full-time position but we are flexible when necessary to allow for exams and/or potentially writing your master thesis in collaboration with Novo Nordisk whilst you are here.
- Internship period: 5-6 months
- Working hours: Full time (37 hours a week)
- Start date: 1 September 2019
- Internships are remunerated at 12,000 DKK/month, if your educational track allows
- A Danish full-time work permit is required
A CV, cover letter and grade transcripts for Bachelor's and Master's degrees are required for all applications.
We only hire the best.
- You are enrolled in a Master's degree throughout the duration of your internship (e.g. in Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or the like) with a top 20% GPA
- You have an international mind-set, experience from studying abroad, 1-3 years of relevant work next to your studies and relevant extracurricular activities
- You work fluently in English. You communicate clearly and concisely and are comfortable giving presentations
- You take leadership naturally and have high professional expectations for yourself and your colleagues
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, we have been changing diabetes since 1923. If you are ready to strengthen our position as an innovative pioneer and respected industry leader, we encourage you to join us to make the most of your talent.
For further information, please contact Victoria Stone-Bjarup at +45 3079 9358.
30 April 2019.
Please note that applications will be reviewed continuously and interviews will be planned as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Millions rely on us
To work for Novo Nordisk you will need the skills, dedication and ambition to change lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronical diseases. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.