We're looking for a Data Science Student from 1st February 2019. Based at our Copenhagen office, the Data Science Student will work with the Chief Innovation Officer and the Gehl Innovation Team to help analyze complex spatial data sets and combine them with broader socio-demographic data. The work will contribute to identify and pursue strategic opportunities that makes Gehl’s data more actionable and accessible.
- You’re currently based in or around Copenhagen and have the legal right to work in Denmark.
- You hold a BSc or BA and are in the process of your master’s studies within the fields of data science, digital innovation, social science, service design, anthropology, or a related field.
- You have a strong interest and understanding of urban design and public life.
- You’re well-informed as to global trends in cities and the ability to interpret and visualize data ranging from health, to education, to employment, together with Gehl’s unique public life data sets.
- You’re results orientated, analytical and structured, with an open-mind and innovative spirit.
- You’re both collaborative and self-directed, demonstrating a high attention to detail whilst managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
We’re looking for proficiency in:
- Spatial Data Visualization and Analysis: ArcGIS or QGis (Prioritized)
- Tableau, Microsoft Power Bi
- Able to create WebGL platforms
- Familiarity with Carto and Mapbox Studio
- The position is open from 1st February 2019 – 1st June 2019 with the option for extension.
- The position is an hourly paid position in accordance with Danish wage laws.
- Your expected to work approximately 10-15 hours per week.
- Work and hours will be agreed with the CIO on a fluid and ongoing basis.
- Based on the agreed work and hours you will manage your own schedule, noting that core office hours are between 09:00 and 15:00 to facilitate team meetings and general knowledge exchange.
Gehl is a global urban design consultancy offering expertise in public life, public space design, city strategies, masterplanning, public engagement and urban change management. We are a networked organization with studios in San Francisco, New York and Copenhagen. We are a dynamic and talented team that includes architects, landscape architects, urban designers, sociologists and planners.
About the Gehl innovation Team
In 2018 Gehl initiated a new Innovation team. From Gehl’s core focus at the intersection of the built environment and human behaviour the team is exploring new partnerships, revising and developing tools and methods, and supporting new technologies towards the most pressing issues of our time including human wellbeing, equity and rapid urbanization. The team works between various constellations of Gehl staff, clients, and partner organizations according to the area in question.
Apply by 25 January 2019 through our website:
BSc or BA