Purpose of the idea:
The proposed research will investigate the influence of nanoparticles on ESKAPE pathogens, the group of microbes responsible for the majority of nosocomial infections.
Antibacterial resistance and tolerance are supported by biofilm formation. The environment ensured by biofilm enhances the generation of bacterial persisters. Biofilm and persisters formation was proved for almost all ESKAPE pathogens, the group of microbes responsible for most nosocomial infections.
The previous studies showed, that nanoparticles have a potential to effectively eradicate biofilm built up by pathogens. This project aims at the evaluation of the inhibitory properties of nanoparticles on bacteria from ESKAPE group.
- Synthesis and characterization of nanoparticles
- Evaluation of bacterial growth in presence of nanoparticles and susceptibility to antibiotics
- Hands-on experience with microbiology
- A highly motivated student with excellent analytical skills
- Very good communication skills, fluent written and oral English.