The Rey Osterrieth Complex Figure
(ROCF) is a widely used neuropsychological test for visual perception and long term visual memory. This is a classic paper-based test used in many neurological and psychological assessments. Moreover, the scoring systems are used to quantify the accuracy of the drawings; these are currently implemented by hand in a subjective manner.
The goal of this project is to implement a mobile version of the ROCF test and implement an automatic scoring
of it. More specifically, the project should:
- review existing work on the design of cognitive testing on smartphones with a focus on ROCF
- work with cognitive psychologist and neurologist to design an optional interactive design
- implement the ROCF test as part of a cognitive test suite
- employ user-centred design methods for the design and usability evaluation of the test
- design and implement an automatics scoring of the test on the smartphone
- run a small (N=21) validation study of the smartphone-based ROCF test
This project builds upon and will extend the CACHET Research Package
, which has an existing set of cognitive test to take inspiration from. The Research Package is implemented in Flutter, which is a novel cross-platform (Android, iOS, web) user-interface framework.
Thesis type: Software implementation with a small user study.
Technical skills: Requirement analysis; UX design, Mobile programming in Flutter; Usability evaluation.
Research skills: Software Engineering; Human-Computer Interaction; Cognitive Science.
In collaboration withCopenhagen Center for Health Technology
Check out http://www.bardram.net/msc-thesis/