The aim of BlueDot EVenture project and with it student Formula DTU team is to develop and nurture student activities at DTU related to the ongoing green transformation of the energy system into a sustainable, cost-effective and reliable energy system. As a part to the BlueDot EVenture project, DTU student have an opportunity to take part in prestige international engineering competitions related to eMobility. Currently 20+ students are taking part in designing and building student Formula electric race car (CAD illustrated in the Figure below) with aim to compete in Silverstone UK in July 2019. In addition, we have ongoing collaboration with Hyundai Motors on eMobility that offers unique opportunity for thesis students.
Project description: In this project the student will investigate and develop adaptive and drive-cycle specific algorithms which optimise the energy management in order to maximise set targets, such as to:
- Minimise the lap time, or complete a minimum number of laps, or Maximise energy recuperation
The following are example work packages as part of this work:
- Analysis and modelling of the electrical components and setup of HV powertrain model
- -State of the art review and development of optimisation approach, derivation of cost functions
- Simulation and sensitivity analysis to defined inputs and/or external factors
- Possible HIL validation of developed models/controllers (dSpace / National Instrument cRIO)